Thursday, March 8, 2012

Prairie

I'm not sure if it was apart of another story or not, it seemed to be separate from the one before it. 

Each of the sections (3 of them) were separated by roman numerals. The first section was and was not very descriptive. Talking about the skin folds on his back that resembled the human brain. I thought it was kind of weird that the caption tried to buy, what sounded like a belt made from the mans skin. I'm not sure who would want a belt made from human skin, kind of gross. 
When I read I try to place myself in the story as kind of a third party watching from a distance. This story though was hard to do. Probably because it belongs to another story, but doenst seem to go with the one before it. It kind of drops you in, in the middle of the story. Making my mind wander and make up things that could have happened before the start of the story.
The second part seemed to be kind of like the crusades, and making everyone they encountered believe in their religion. And writing about their excursion on scrolls made from human skin? Another gross section.

The third section, seemed like a HOT day. When the man approached claiming to raise the dead a man cut off his head? I guess leaning to the church's inability to accept anything but what the bible says. (I'm not bad mouthing the bible or the church by the way, just interpreting) 
Very peculiar story though.

1 comment:

  1. ok, explain what you are responding to more clearly, and use more specific examples.
    8/10

    ReplyDelete